Rules and Submission
- No restrictions on duration or genre
- No separate sound files are allowed. Only music in the actual film, in its entirety, will be upraised
- Only films completed on or after 1st January 2016 are eligible
- If the film is not in English, then it must have hard coded English subtitles.
Awards and Prizes
- There are two different awards in this music competition:
Best Original Soundtrack - If music or additional film material used in your film is not original, then permission from source must be obtained. The responsibility for this rests entirely with the filmmaker. Failure to obtain clearance could result in your film being withdrawn from the Festival. In this event, CINALFAMA will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
Best Use of Non-Original Soundtrack - there are no ownership or authorship rules to this award that will be attributed to the director of the film
- Cinalfama will award 6 winning films, regardless of their length. 4 awards for the Best Original Soundtrack and 2 awards for the Best Use of Non-Original Soundtrack
- Winners will be screened in Cinalfama's summer edition in July 17th 2020
- All our winners will receive a trophy and a certificate
- The winner films will be announced and promoted in our site and social media
- Each of our 6 winners will be promoted in all of our partnered festivals.